Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Timing is Everything



Timing is Everything


Although I did not get to carry the Oklahoma flag again in the ACU Parade of Flags like I had originally planned, I ended up getting a paid internship with University Events instead.

 Recently I have been reminded in a couple situations how timing is everything. Last year at school I would check ACU’s on-campus job listings about once a month. Not hardcore looking for a job, but trying to apply for any that had openings. I figured what would work out would. Looking back, having a job last year would have been too overwhelming. This semester with social club rushing and pledging, I took a lighter load of classes. After talking to someone who had an internship on campus I thought that there must be more opportunities for an internship. By chance, I emailed University Events asking if they had any opportunity or could help direct me to a similar internship or job. I chose to email University Events because I thought something similar would cater to my strengths and be something I could look into and gain experience for a potential career. Like it was destined to happen, as of the day I emailed them they had an opening. I had an interview within the next few days. I could not have asked for a better interview and was put on a trial basis. Over the weekend I helped plan and organize one of ACU’s longest traditions, Opening Ceremonies. I have loved Opening Ceremonies since last year when I carried the Oklahoma flag in the Parade of Flags. Being a part of the process of setting up and taking down everything needed for the event was a lot of work, but it was worth it because of the tradition and principle of the ceremony. Today, a week after I sent my original email, I was officially offered the internship.

It is crazy how God worked in this situation the past week. There is no other explanation I even imagine that could explain how this opportunity presented itself. Although waiting on God’s timing can be frustrating or tedious, it is worth it. Before moving back to school I could never have imagined getting a job on campus, especially one interesting and relevant to a potential career. I am thankful for this opportunity and excited to work hard this semester and see where I am led in all activities I am involved in. So here’s to a new semester and new opportunities and more waiting on God’s timing.


Your Favorite Redhead

No comments:

Post a Comment